Friday, May 2, 2008

Trail Open and Rideable?

Brenda and I left the Corner last night and headed towards the Wabash Trail. Wind right in your face it was so strong it seemed easy to ride clipping along about 7 mph! I wanted to see if the trail was open to Chatham and it was, around bridge work everthing is patch back. There are some rocks and sticks on the trail to watch out for!!

We made out about 7.5 miles thought be a good turn around! On the way back... I was feeling like Lance with the wind at my back!..Yes i was very fast!!.. Did i tell you I took off last nite and forgot my bike helmet?? I said ahhh it be okay to ride without it ... it will be just an easy ride!

Well with Lance like speed i was dodging some rocks and sticks in const area. Then PAPOW!!!! my bike went to a 30 foot Skidding Stop!!! OMG so happy the stick was in the back tire!!Because if it was front tire PAPOW I WOULD BEEN OVER THE TOP!!!

Here comes Brenda and her new friend she meet on the trail - a guy riding from Stl to Chi! Keep working Brenda a love connection has to be close you're 2 for 2 this week!!

Anyway bent 4 spokes on to the other spokes and limped back to the Corner!!!

See ya Sat

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Hey YO I just like talking to people and if they ride by - GREAT - and if its a love connection GOOD FOR THEM - THEIR LUCKY DAY - PAPOW!!!