Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My 4th at Lake Geneva


Beer can chicken, country ribs my brother Steve and bro in law Tim.... sort of but that's a another story!! DOES IT GET ANY BETTER????? NO!!!!!


Beth and Patty cruzin Lake Geneva.



I woke up @ 6:30, looked out the window seen 3 wild turkeys and 1 deer. That was good enough for me to decide it was time to ride!! Since i have not logged a lot of miles on my new 29er, I thought today was perfect with the house still quiet i slipped out. This was the 1st deer i seen when i left the house.

I decided i would try to ride up Majestic Ski hill! I rolled out the driveway - it was down hill for about 3 miles easy fast fun ride. On the last rd before the ski hill i hit 34.2 mph on a fat tire bike wow was that fast!! I got to the base of the ski hill and headed up. I only made it about 1/2 way up legs, lungs was burning!! I was done had no legs !! Feeling bummed out, I rolled down and headed towards the town of Fontana.



All was not lost!! i found this little country store open. So i grabbed a coffee and Chicago Sun Times...aHH perfect morning! If they only had B&G!!



Here's the city pier in Fontana. In the background you can just start to see Majestic Ski hill. It was a great morning got my heart rate up so i thought i would try to climb the hill again.



You're right here's the picture i took when i fell over 20 ft from top of the hill!!!!! I layed on my back for 1 whole song on my ipod so glad it was champaign super nova which is a 7 plus min song i was dead!!!!





Like the view so much i had to post it twice!!!!


What a view??????? It felt so good to reach the top so glad i went back for more!!



Yes i was chicken going down 19.2 was top speed on the way down.

3 comments:

Ray said...

Brenda can you clean up my post not very good at adding pictures???

Shannon said...

Looks like a great ride Ray. Welcome back!

Brenda said...

Great post!! Looks like you had a great time! Happy for you that you got to log some time on your new bike - the pictures are awesome!!