Friday, July 25, 2008

Stoneman Tri

This Sunday is the Stoneman - this i think is my 4th time doing this tri i think?? Parrothead peddlers will get a kick out of this - last year the night before the race was Jimmy Buffet nite at the Elks club and you guessed it. I was over served and the race was a tuff one...well the swim was tuff!!! I told myself last yr if i make it out of the water alive i will train harder next year!!

So with that being said, as you know, we had great bike training so i feel good about that! I did run on and off the last couple of months but nothing major and the swim well i just haven't been swimming!

So a week ago Sunday i started my push: my day started with a bike ride to the fit club which was 20 miles round trip. Then Monday I did a 30 min nonstop swim followed by a 30 min run then a ride back home. Tuesday I did the same; biked to club, did 40 min swim and a 40 min run then ride home. Then Wednesday biked to the club (feel like micheal phelps!) then swam for 50 min, then 45 min run, then a bike ride home. On Thursday I had a nice surprise - when I was going to leave Rhino was there dressed and ready to bike ride with me to the club...wow!!! Loved having him tag along. Well when we got there I was like ouch! Shoulder is killing me!! Maybe just a 30 min swim!!! But i did a 75 min run then we bike home!! It was a personal best for Rhino of a 25 mile trip. On Friday, shoulder was still sore - I did a mixed swim workout followed by a 45 min run, then a bike home.

I think I took Saturday off to rest but on Sunday I rode my bike to the Nelson Center and joined Mary and omg, the rest of the people in master swim club - omg!! What a workout!!! I swam for an hour and twenty min - I was dead!!! In fact on the way home on the bike I fell over and bloodied my knee but at least I didn't break the dozen eggs i had in my backpack!! You're right I stopped and bought eggs, bacon and the paper and was on my way.

Then this last Monday Beth asked me to start her car for her so I did - boy was she surprised seeing me sit in the passenger seat - she was like whats up??? I asked can you drop me off 5 miles from the house I am going to run home!!! A personal best for me - I made it home in 50 min!!

Then on Tuesday I needed to get my expedition from the marina so I jumped on my bike and rode to get it. It was like 25 miles there - it was a great route - I hit the interurban trail to chatham but since I had my mtn bike I jump off the trail did a little single track off road by the lake it was pretty cool.

Wednesday I found myself back in the pool for a 30 min swim. Thursday I took off. Today Rhino wanted to get a swim in since he's been gearing up for kids tri, so we rode bikes to the Nelson center for a swim. Then we headed to R&M to get his biked tweaked on the way home we zipped through the fairgrounds had lunch and then headed home!!

YES ITS BEEN A GREAT 2 HARD WEEKS OF TRAINING BUT I FEEL GREAT AND ALL MY RIDING WAS DONE ON MY MTN BIKE SO WATCH OUT I AM GOING TO BE FLAT ASS FAST ON THE BIKE SUNDAY!!!!

ALMOST FORGOT WE HAD A GROUP TRAINING RIDE TUES NITE ALSO!!

SORRY THIS GOT SO WINDY BUT I FEEL LIKE I BEEN NEGLECTING THE BLOG JUST WANT TO FILL EVERYONE IN ON WHATS BEEN GOING ON!!

OKAY YOUR ASKING WHY ALL CAPS I DON'T KNOW I GUESS MY A.D.D. WAS KICKING IN AND I WAS GETTING BORED!!

PEACE OUT

No comments: