Thursday, September 10, 2009

Race Morning

Woke up at 4 am - not sure I ever went to sleep??? I was to meet Harry at 4:15 am to head to the transition area - it was a mile or so from the hotel. Upon arriving at bike check in, I saw it was packed already. I was row 33 and harry was row 32. We set up our space. Then Harry said we need to walk the way we come in from the swim - so we walked our route in. He said with 9000 some bikes it will look way different when the sun comes up.

We were set so we headed back to the hotel we got back at 5:30 am. We sat and had coffee and a bagel and just talked about the race. There were people laying all over the hotel sleeping, resting, reading the paper, waiting for their swim start. The crazy thing was they were closing the transition area at 5:45 am and there were racers leaving the hotel at 5:30 am! There was no way they could make it to the bike check in time!!!

While sitting in the lobby Harry said his girlfriend Tracy, who he been dating since February has M.S. also - I was like wow!!!?? The old standby - blond hair, light eyes, she fits the bill to a T.

Well he suggested we head over about 7:15 am for our swim Start at 8:24 am. The funny thing was, do we wear our wetsuits over or carry them??? About 6:45 am I saw Harry in the lobby again he laughed and said we better carry our suits nobody is wearing them!! I was like okay really don't want look like a TRUE Newbie!!!! :)

Its GO time 7:15 am - time to go find the BIG WATER!!!!

Stay tuned - unless you're done hearing about my TRI experience...

CHOW

No comments: