Saturday, January 26, 2008

new shoes

miles walked: 3
January total: (unsure so starting the count today) 3
temp when I left @ 5:30: 27 degrees (w/ feels like temp of 17 degrees)
Layers of clothing: 2 total plus two extra on top.

I love new shoes. I have a new pair of New Balance (thanks to my #1 sponsor, my mom - from shopping in Indy last weekend - thanks MOM!), and they're pink (of course). Much as I love new shoes I hate breaking them in. I knew it was bad when about 10 steps into walking this morning my ankle felt like I'd put a piece of sandpaper on my heel. About two miles in, it felt cold and wet and stopped hurting - so I knew it wouldn't pretty when I took my shoe off. Although the boys will probably think its cool that there's blood on my shoes - guess that means I'm working hard? Or maybe I just need longer socks. Yea - add that to the shopping list.

Despite the temperature - which actually is a bit of a heat wave considering what we've been waking up to lately (who can workout when its 2 degrees out? that's not including the wind chill!) - I was really comfortable this morning. I got a pair of mircofiber fleece pants to wear under my track pants and I was actually completely comfortable. Although about 2 miles into it, the layers began to feel heavy and my legs were moving like lead. But I kept going. How could I not? Walking past the dialysis office, seeing people dropping their loved ones off for treatment so early in the morning - I feel an obligation to keep going because I am lucky enough to have my health. I think I needed every one of the four layers of shirts I had on, I thought I might get too warm once I got into it but I never did - in fact the last half mile the wind seemed to pick up and my face is pretty cold, but its thawing out :)

I took my camera along because in warmer weather, I would see a fox now and then running to the trees, so thought it'd be cool to get a pic of him to show the boys - but there was no fox to be found this morning.

Here are some pics of my world at this time of day:
Wish I could put a lovely sunrise pic up, but this is all I see ....

My only company in the mornings are delivery trucks going to Schnuck's...

Not exactly a challenging path - but hey there was a little snow! LOL

No comments: