Thursday, January 31, 2008

dont let the size fool ya

miles walked: 3
January total: 15
temp @ 9:45pm: 24 (feels like 13 w/ the wind chill)
wind: from the NE 12 mph


Inspired by my new ipod (which is AWESOME!!!!!!)- i had to get out and log a few miles tonight. I know you think I'm crazy - I prefer to think... I'm driven. Course the few cars that passed me probably thing the former. Two snowplow trucks passed me and I was walking where I thought the sidewalk was and then a black suv pulled up along side me - I figured they thought my car broke down and I was walking for help, so I pulled out one earphone to explain I was fine, I was just talking a little walk, trying out my new ipod, but instead a lady rolled down her window and asked me if I'd seen a siberan husky puppy. I smiled and said, no, but wherever he is - he's having fun! I told her if I saw him I'd hold onto him and that I'd probably be out for another 45 minutes. She smiled and thanked me but really she had to wonder what the heck I was doing out in this. Actually it wasn't bad at all. It was only lightly snowing and it was so peaceful and beautiful out. The hardest part was walking uphill. The whole walk felt like I had weights on my ankles - I'd say it was at least 3 or 4 inches of snow I was walking through. But it was still so pretty out. Not to mention I was listening to some of my all time favorite songs that I'd spent an hour selecting and loading. On my second lap what must have been her husband pulled up next to me in a pickup truck, asking if I'd seen a puppy. I was looking for him and wished I could have found him for them. Makes my miss my husky dog so much. Niki loved the snow. He would run as hard and as fast as he could in it and bury his face in it.
Here is Niki with the boys - I miss him!

Back to tonight - here are a few pics :)
So pretty....

this is where the sidewalk SHOULD be


Now - off to bed so I can get up in 5 hours and do it all again! :)

No comments: