Saturday, March 29, 2008

TAKING ONE FOR THE TEAM

YES!! I MADE A BIKING NO NO!!! I hope everyone learned from my mistake!! On a trail or road, don't turn around in front of your fellow biker. Pull over to the side stop then make your turn. I assumed Jeff could read my mind!! Sorry Jeff!!!! Feeling about as bad as that coyote sleeping on the side of the road. I couldn't start walking fast enough to head back to the truck!!

As we click off miles on our training rides there will be more mishaps like flat tires, chain breaks and so on. Let's hope most of our rides are event-free. When i turned around headed for the truck i put my bike on my shoulder and put my ear phone's in how fitting was it the song that game on was by Robert Cray! (IT'S MY OWN PROBLEM, THAT I HAVE TO FACE RIGHT HERE ALL BY MYSELF, ITS MY OWN FAULT, YES IT IS, I AM SO ASHAMED, CANT BLAME IT ON NO ONE ELSE!!!!)

How can a Team leader do such a bonehead mistake??? What was i thinking Well i guess i wasn't!! Really just wanted the team to head down the trail, and from the sounds of it you all did great!!

Logging 15 mile on a cool brisk morning! What a ride!! I really missed out. Sorry Beth cutting your ride short to go get the SAG wagon!! Did i hear Dodie got a couple of pointer's from Shannon,and on the turn around she was White Lightning?? passing Jeff and Terry?? Brenda making it up the hill without anyone yelling.. KILL THE HILL!! Great job Brenda.

Trudy got your message on my walk back don't feel bad!! it's all good, As always i hear you were very steady not surprised!! Bring Walker back goalie's always fun to have around.

Did i tell you what song came on after Robert Cray. Willie Nelson's (Reason's to Quit) Was someone trying to tell me something??? Yes then after Willie, Allman Brother's Terry you know the song Midnight Rider!! with bike on my shoulder yes i starting running !! ask Terry he know 's how i feel about the Allman Brother's!! Trust me i didn't run long but i was caught up in the song!! MMMMM Wish i knew what song was on when i crashed into Jeff??? I would hit the delete button on that song!!!

Coming up the hill at IDOT i see Beth there and waiting for me, Really didn't want to see anybody. My face was red from embarrassment and walking up the hill. Then a voice came over me KILL THE HILL Brenda are you haunting me?? I loaded the bike thinking we both felt bad that our ride was shorten!! Sorry Beth, Ego maniac team captain will be smarter next time.

We pulled in to Panera Bread i went inside to grab a bite Beth went to get a workout at the club. I stood in a line of about 20 and it was going nowhere. I told myself just leave head to bike store and find out the damage. Sounds like it was good i left. The team wanted bloody marys?? I guess there's always tomorrow.

Please team give me another chance who wants to ride tomorrow????????

4 comments:

Brenda said...

O Captain, my Captain! If I had a desk I would be standing on it (reference to 1980ish movie The Dead Poet's Society) didn't see it? rent it - its good..... Give yourself a break - would ya? If it was any of us you wouldn't be so hard on us. Just keep working, ok?

Anonymous said...

Completely agree with Brenda. What's the big deal, eh? It's all good. I'm just glad no one got hurt.

Dodie said...

Don't beat yourself up about the accident on Saturday, it could have happened to any of us. I have only two things to say about that day; Thank you Beth for picking up my water bottle off the pavement on Dirksen Parkway while all the other riders left us in their dust and BOY WAS I THIRSTY AFTER THE RIDE CAPTAIN RAY !

Ray said...

i hear ya i will make it up to the group on thur after the ride!!!