Monday, April 7, 2008

let's just keep going

Cannot believe I rode 20 miles Saturday. Still surprised by it. My thought when we signed up for this ride/race in June was - maybe I can do 20? Can't believe I actually did that the 7th ride out. So crazy! Who knows what June is going to bring? Can't wait to find out.

So we met at Panera to do the ride we had mapped out - we ended up at Four Season's but instead of going the rest of our route - Shannon suggests going to see the finish of the half-marathon - we were all feeling pretty good - so we went for it. It was very inspiring to watch (awesome job John Coombe) - and as I usually do when I watch that type of thing - I feel inspired to do something more, and also how great they must feel in accomplishing that. Can't wait till we meet our goal in June - can only imagine how it's going to feel.

And yes, we did end up carrying our bikes over some tracks once we hit a dead end on fourth street (we are, after all, rock stars) but the real story was making it up the ultimate (so far) hill on the Stanton over-pass. Which, yes - we made it! Ray had some special instructions pre-hill, something about three of us, hill and Trudy's bike (which was awesome by the way and she was supersonic on it) but I never caught exactly what he was saying - so just put my head down and went. Thank you to Shannon for being my cheerleader when I almost wanted to give up on the hill!

03/20/08 = 6 miles
03/22/08 = 10.5 miles
03/25/08 = 8 miles
03/29/08 = 14.56 miles
04/01/08 = 10 miles
04/03/08 = 10 miles
04/05/08 = 20.22 miles
total miles biked = 79.28
total distance walking and biking = 121.88 miles

4 comments:

Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

Looking like fools in goofy cloths is half the fun of biking. Get the jerseys. Congrats on the increasing mileage. Keep it up and 20 miles will be your warmup. No kidding.
Thanks for the link. How did you find The Grimpeur? Its not on the search engines yet. Would you like a reciprication on the link? Let me now in a comment on my blog and I'll do it.

Ray said...

Brenda,looks like you got a fan???
your taking the blog to a new level???

bluecolnago said...

i agree with craig, "looking like fools in goofy clothes....."

sounds like you guys are having a blast! woohoo!

Anonymous said...

OMG I missed this last week. It is so funny to read "something about 3 of us, the hill, etc" - how many of us were sitting there hoping we weren't in the 3 that had to do the hill? LOL.

Looking forward to getting back on tonight after this lousy weather!