Friday, April 4, 2008

not quite speedy =)

Its time I admit it - there is a good reason my mother calls me Grace. I'm not really so graceful. Our Team Captain was putting it nicely when he said I laid the bike down. LOL - truth be told - I panicked for a second - thought I was going to fall down a muddy revine (ok maybe only a ditch - but from where i was it was like a canyon!) anyway - I panicked and wiped out. Felt like I was falling for about 5 minutes! All I could think of was - OMG don't let the bike get hurt. Second thing I was thinking was - OMG why didn't this happen when I was at the BACK of the pack. LOL. Stinging elbows and knees aside - last night was great. I met a goal of getting to 100 miles of training (course 30 miles or so of that was walking) but I was pretty happy about that and wasn't letting anything like a wreck make me unhappy. THANK YOU to Ray and Trudy for fixing my chain so I didn't have to walk back in the rain. And also for not giving me too hard a time about it. Yea - third thing to cross my mind - was OMG I'm gonna pay for this on the blog tomorrow. LOL. You know what else makes it all worth it? Check out the signs my son made for me when we got home. Forgot about the rainsoaked clothes and the bloody sock (which - yea the boys thought was cool) in about a millisecond after I saw these =)



03/20/08 = 6 miles
03/22/08 = 10.5 miles
03/25/08 = 8 miles
03/29/08 = 14.56 miles
04/01/08 = 10 miles
04/03/08 = 10 miles
total miles biked = 59.06
total distance walking and biking = 101.66 miles

2 comments:

Ray said...

Grt job on your 1st 100!!

Springfield Century on sept 22
100 in one day you in??

Anonymous said...

Awesome job Brenda! You are rocking! Sorry I had to miss it (the ride - not your fall that is).